A Cake to Celebrate Christmas
Sydney has an enjoyable summer season. Many Christmas events are held in the city during this holiday season to attract adults and children. Families in Sydney celebrate Christmas by gathering together to exchange gifts and eat special food. People celebrate Christmas every year to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. They bake cakes, exchange gifts, decorate Christmas trees, and share meals with family and friends to celebrate Christmas. Christmas cake is a fruit cake containing dry fruits, sugar and brandy or rum and has a high ratio of fruits to flour and is packed with energy and nutrients. Shops sell Christmas cakes in Sydney in different shapes with frosting and glazing.
The dried fruits used in Christmas cakes are known as plums, and this cake is also known as plum cake. Christmas celebration is incomplete without baking a Christmas cake at home, and the cakes last for a long time because brandy or rum is used to make them. Generally, people combine almonds, cashews, raisins, dried cherries, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and candied fruits. Before making a cake, this mixture is soaked in rum or brandy for at least a week. Most cakes focus on colours like red, gold, white, and green.
What special food do people eat on Christmas?
- Prawns are commonly found in all seafood platters Australians eat on Christmas day. Most families enjoy eating fresh king prawns, scallops, lobsters and barramundi in a delicious lemon garlic sauce.
- Eating roast ham on Christmas is a tradition in many countries. But Australians cook it in advance and serve it cold on Christmas day. Generally, the ham is glazed in a sweet and sticky coating of pineapple juice, honey and mustard.
- Fruit mince pie is a popular dessert Australian families eat on Christmas day. The pies are made from apples, almonds, mixed spices and a dash of brandy. They are served with cream as an afternoon treat.
- People who don’t like seafood dinner for Christmas stick to a roast turkey. Since stuffing, basting, and roasting is time-consuming, most people do it in advance.
- White Christmas is a traditional Australian dessert made from glazed cherries, desiccated coconut, sugar, white chocolate, rice bubbles and coconut oil. It is prepared on Christmas Eve because it needs time to set. Children love this yummy dessert.
- Australians love barbeque, and they make the best barbeque on Christmas day. They put seafood, meat, steaks and lamb on the barbeque.
- Chocolate ripple log cake is another favourite dessert for Australians. The cake has large amounts of whipped cream, chocolate bars and fresh berries, prepared in a short time and needs only a few ingredients.
Stores in Australia sell Christmas cakes and puddings made from the finest and best ingredients. People in Sydney can order cakes online and choose from a wide variety of cakes like chocolate Rhapsody, healthy fruit cakes or tiramisu. Lamington is the most popular cake in Australia, and people eat it with pavlova and peach Melba.
People buy Christmas cakes in Sydney during the holiday season in December. Moreover, people of all ages enjoy eating cakes. Some families bake cakes at home. The wide variety of cakes in shops attracts customers, and many buy them instead of making them at home. It saves time, and they can enjoy more time with their family and friends. People exchange cakes during Christmas, and the festival fills their hearts with love and happiness.